02 December, 2007

Things that go bump in the night ..

About the only thing that goes bump in the night around here is the koala falling out of his tree and/or falling off the roof. Yes, every time I hear it, I run out and check, but there is nothing there. I think all that fat cushions him and he just goes off, does whatever it is he has to do and then he is back sleeping it off the next day.

Often when I go out to feed her ladyship her hay of a night I can hear the koalas in the trees calling. It is a snorting snuffling growl. When I first heard it when we first moved here, I thought it had to be a wombat or lizard because it was on the ground. Then early one evening I saw Bruce, our particular koala, standing in his tree making the noise with his mouth open. I was shocked that a koala could make such a dreadful noise. But there you go.

The problem with koala, is koala droppings. Millions of them. Well it seems like millions. We just sweep them into the long grass and bushes and they don't seem to kill anything. You will be sitting down watching tv or a video, minding your own business and suddenly hear drop, drop, drop, what seems to be thousands of stones being thrown on the roof. Next day you realise it was the koala doing his business from the heights of the tree. Ekch.

Other than that he is a good neighbour. He sleeps during the day, he does not scare the horse and the females don't seem to visit him in his tree.

Yesterday was quiet, I did some craft, some computing on other things and slept. It was lovely and quiet. Still all good things come to an end and the old person came home, not having picked a winner. Neither had his friends turned up - although they just telephoned him now. They thought it was going to rain all day yesterday and had not wanted to be driving in rain. They are even older than the old person, so I can't blame them. The live on the complete opposite side of the city from here and it takes over an hour to drive to their place.

I have my laptop working again, but I do not have my wireless connection working yet. I will have to take it into a Telstra office and get them to fix it. It is quite frustrating. I don't like having to use the daughter's machine all the time. It is a fantastic machine, has everything and does everything, but it is hers and should be for her use. It also has both printers connected to it, but I should be able to use the laptop and I am quite cross paying for connection I cannot use.

Anyhow, that is your lot for today.

No comments: