13 December, 2007

A long, long day ...

I am quite tired. I have had a very long day.

The office went off on its annual Christmas Party, and I elected to stay back and "man" the switchboard and keep things running. This was after we all had breakfast at 8:30 am, consisting of eggs, bacon and sausages on a bun. A very soft hamburger bun. And Champagne and Orange juice, just to be really decadent. I think most people had more of the champers than OJ. Still that is people for you.

Then at 11:oo am they all hied off to the Bowling Club for lunch.

I went the first year I was there. One of the guys got extremely drunk, was extremely rude and disgusting. Then I had to work with him on an almost daily basis for 18 months. So last year and this year, I opted to not go. It meant one of the other ladies, with whom they are all great pals, could go with them, as for the past several years she had never been. They will still be the same tomorrow, but I will not have seen them today.

It was a bit boring, but boring is better than obnoxious. A few teachers did not go, and some came back early and they expressed their appreciation of us keeping the place going. The other person was the Temp; when you temp, you are like nobody anyhow. Maybe I should go temp.

No comments: