08 December, 2007

Being told how to think ...

As I wander around the internet, mostly lurking, occassionally joining some of the forums I am registered with, I learn things, I pick up information and stickybeak into what people care to share of their lives. It is endlessly fascinating to me, and I never tire of it. Some nights I have to drag my sorry carcass to bed stil wanting to savour more. Depending on what my interest in a given topic is.

I mostly search through yahoo!, occassionally through Alta Vista, both search engines seem quite adequate to the job, although everyone says you should "google", infact "googling" has become part of the English lexicon, even if not officially. Yahoo! number their searches, so you go back and look at something if you have to, a very useful feature. Alta Vista was the first I ever used as once I used Netscape Navigator and found AV through that. So I use AV for sentimental reasons.

But what I have found, is that if you want to read the more "sophisticated" or "intelligent" websites, you must be in the same frame of mind as the author, whether you agree with the person or not. I find this very off putting, and furthermore, I also object to their ad hominem, illogical attacks on people who think differently to them. On the internet, they behave like this, and they get away with it.

Maybe this is a topic for my Alien Thoughts page, but seriously, I just find it so childish and annoying. I find myself soon leaving and resorting to very cold, but more practical manuals on line. Just to find some basic information. I just shake my head.

Still it is the weekend now, and I am quite smooth, having watched some mindless DVD's this afternoon - some Dr Who vids that I had not seen previously, including one with dear Derek Jacobi and the movie Starship Troupers, based on Robert Heinlein's book of that title. Bit hammy and full of dreadful aliens, but the best sort to wile away the afternoon while crafting and chilling out.

Her ladyship the exracehorse is now to the most extent happily ensconsed during the day down the back near the stables. She is still spending nights up the front, so she isn't scared during the dark, but I am going to spend my holidays convincing her to live down with her stable once more. It is only a matter of time till we get a hail storm - we have had quite a few thunderstorms - and I don't want her out in hail.

I will phone the vet next week and find out what is going on with the vaccines. Sigh.

Till next time ...

No comments: