07 December, 2007

It seems to me ....

there are never enough hours in the day. I think this comes about from the fact that I have been working full time. I worked out a way that I could actually get a much higher position earning considerably more money, but it would mean working full time again permanently and I am not sure I want to do that anymore.

These weeks leading up to Christmas have been a real drag. I have got very little done at home because on the weekend I just want to sleep and do nothing for a while. If I had my usual four days, this wouldn't be such a big deal, but when it is only two days it seems such a waste. One of the joys of getting older, I imagine.

I have been thinking lately I would like to go and live somewhere far away, in a caravan, just me and my computer and sewing machines. On a nice almost tropical beach, just potter away my hours with some sewing, some art and some plants. How relaxing it would all be. Even if I only did it for six months. After that I would probably be bored of it and want something else to do.

My biggest worry would be where to keep her ladyship for that time. I don't really like the idea of agisting her away from us for months. I guess if she was with other horses she would be fine. This EI has been like a surreal nightmare.

Last night she was walking around grazing and came to the back door looking for attention. So I was about to make dinner, I had grated off a carrot and so I gave her the ends of the carrot, which she really appreciated, then the skin and finally the left over bits from grating it up. I could not believe how sooky she was. She wont come into the house, any more than she likes going into stables, but she puts her head in and sniffs at whatever is on the bench by the back door. She is not a bother, and does not make a nuisance of herself, she just stands there, poor thing.

Then she wanders off to eat grass, one eye on the back door incase we come out with a carrot. I would so love to get her a companion, but we haven't been informed about the vaccines yet, nor have we been advised on movement of horses in the area. It seems to have gone on forever, and not just a little over three months. And typically of a government department, the need to communicate with people about what is going on, is non existent.

Our fencing is in dire need of fixing up. She doesn't go anywhere, because she likes being a "domestic animal", you get regular feeding being one. You also get tidbits.

So I bide my time patiently, waiting, thinking, sleeping (I wish) and one day it will be time to make those decisions.

No comments: