10 December, 2007

Trolls who work ...

Okay, I do not have the best job in the world. I do what I can and try and keep out of trouble. I am more careful than I have ever been. I take people who ask about Courses seriously and I try to help them find something they will enjoy studying to achieve their goals. I like that part of my job and I believe I do it well. I have had so many people say to me "You have been so helpful to me, when no one else would make the time". I really believe if I can't help someone, I should be able to direct them to someone who can. I find it just baffling that people don't give a stuff about other people to the extent they can't at least give them a phone number to take them to the next person - maybe the one who can actually help them.

But, once my displays are full of brochures for courses, and the phone ceases to ring, there is not alot else for me to do. I do ask others for work, but not alot is forthcoming. They don't want me to do it, I can't just make it up out of thin air. It doesn't work like that.

So when you pay a compliment to someone who doesn't like you, you just do not expect them to come back with "Whatever". Totally ignore me, by all means, but rudeness? Someone I had thought had a bit more class than that.

Still on the bright side, the union is coming tomorrow and they are putting on lunch. I imagine they want to recruit more souls.

If we are getting the new manager I think, the souls will need to be union members if they want to get through. Still I imagine they will have all the "crawlers" they want. I seriously think I do not want to continue working if she is going to be manager.

And on another bright note, I formally met the Head Teacher of IT today. Very nice young man. I will be going to see him during enrolment week to find out about going on with my course. There was a subject I really did not fully understand last term, and want to do some more in it before moving too much further on with the subject and the programming languages. Goes with the territory.

*******

I read some of the blogs of people who will be joining Sharonb's Take it Further challenge. Some of them are really, really good. I would go so far to call them gifted. Just such beautiful works. Eventually I will put links to some of their sites on Bilum. The good thing is they give me goals to work towards with my own stitching. I am excited.

So far she has listed 162, and although some will drop out and some will join, it will stay around that number, which will be exciting to work with. I don't think I will do another challenge this year, but I would like to think about a few charitable works as well. I have seen some really good causes out there, with International appeal.

My bed beckons.

No comments: