27 December, 2007

Long and drawn out ...

Today has been one of those days - again. We went shopping this morning, just to the local Mall. I had decided I needed some new tops. No big deal, there are a couple of good shops selling nice, reasonable quality larger size clothing. So I tell the old person to go and use his gift card from the daughter in the shops it was for to get himself some jocks.

Off we go. I got some lovely tops, ones that I am very happy with. Then I took Granson2 and we sat and waited for the old person outside KMart, where he knows we always sit and wait for him. Half an hour goes by and we still haven't found him. The daughter had taken Grandson1 and visited some shops. So we went to the upstairs entrance. There is the old person, waiting for us.

"Where have you been?" I asked him.
"Waiting outside the Newsagency".
"Why, we have never arranged to meet there before?"
"Well that's where I was and you should have known and met me there".

Okay, so does anyone have any mind reading courses going?

Am I missing something here? He does things like this all the time. He totally refuses to use a mobile phone, even though all his friends, who are like 15 to 20 years older than him use them. And are very glad to do so. But he insists I am the stupid one and he is the brains and we should always listen to what he tells us. Why? So we can die faster?

Anyhow, I also got a new handbag. I have used the pink one I got last Christmas from my father all year. I want to pull out the lining of that, put in new, quality lining, clean it up somewhat, and keep it for other things. The new one is similar quality leather, but is a greyish blue rather like a lighter gunmetal. I really like it.

Her ladyship seems to have been a bit down today, probably because we were gone, and have not paid her all that much attention. Poor thing.

No comments: