14 December, 2007

Aftermaths ...

Well, the post mortems came today, about what had happened yesterday at the luncheon. It was generally accepted it wasn't bad, but many of the guys got drunk and stayed back till late. The person who had been rude to me the first year I had gone, turned up. He mentioned not seeing me, and I replied it might have been because I did not go. It means the other lady can go, and they seem to enjoy her company alot more. Even though he no longer works there, he still casts a long shadow; and since he was there yesterday, I am so glad I was not.

I have been invited to the funeral of the guy who died. My work is putting on a bus for us, so I said I would go. I will have to take a box of tissues. I have never been one for crying in a hankie (hankies are germy). I can probably knock together a decent enough outfit, hopefully remember to wear dark sox, not pink or turquoise ones and borrow a handbag off the daughter. My present handbag is a girly pink number from kiik. I love it, it was a Christmas pressie from my father last Christmas when I went to visit him. But probably not the best thing to take to a funeral.

I have not been to a funeral for quite a few years. It will be a bit strange. Also being with some of the people from work, who I do not particularly like as people. I don't know if I should take some flowers or not. I better ask someone I suppose. I feel very bad for his family being so close to Christmas and all.

Funerals have a tendency to make me think of my own mortality and I do not like doing that. I don't like to get maudlin; which I have a tendency to do.

Very quiet day and now the old person is watching a Western and trying to convince me to watch as well. Aaarrggh!

No comments: