21 December, 2007

Late - as usual ...

Here I am up late again, suffering from insomnia. Two nights ago it was because I had chicken for dinner, but tonight, I have no idea. Just cannot switch off, relax and sleep. I have trawled the internet for hours to no avail. So I am here to write.

Finally I have three weeks off work, and return back to my part time work in mid January. I have offered to come in on the second enrolment day, which is a Monday. They will trade me another day, which suits me. At least I don't have to fuss and bother about my own enrolment. I just have to tick the boxes of accepting on some webpage and a bill will be forthcoming which I can also pay online.

It is shaping up to be a long, but good year. Long, because again I will be working and doing night classes. They muttered something about Tuesdays and Thursdays so I will have to be careful with my rest to make sure I get enough sleep. Good, because we will be getting her ladyship vaccinated against EI any day now, and we will not have to worry about it any more.
By the time the breeding season comes around, she should be okay to travel wherever she has to go and not have to worry. A dear online friend has assured me she will be fine being both vaccinated and microchipped.

She broke her halter today, so she will have the temporary inconvenience of a rope halter when she gets her shot, and hopefully Sunday the old person will travel to Narellan and get her a new one. She has had that halter about four years so it doesn't owe us a thing - i.e. we will not fix it.
I once dreamed of leather halters for my horses, but my budget is more realistic. Nylon flat strap it is, then.

Tomorrow I will start on all those crafty things I have been pondering the last few weeks, and hopefully will have an update soon.

No comments: