30 November, 2007

The daily yak ...

Once more unto the fray.

So the upshot of the fiasco yesterday is that I will have the rest of my pay on Wednesday next week. They are claiming I should have had another form put in - as though they did not have two weeks to phone me and say "Were you aware you needed another form put in?" That is what the fax machine is for, is it not. Sigh.

Well it is finally going to happen. There are races scheduled to be held at Randwick tomorrow and the old person is going. Finally a day of peace and quiet, without having my afternoon interupted by having to look at what is on the idiot box, what some stupid bird is doing or what dreadful thing the daughter is alleged to have said or done. The joy of anticipation!

I shall luxuriate in making some Christmas cards, maybe one or two presents. It is afterall, that time of the year, and my present moneyless state precludes a grand shopping spree that the daughter would like. Sunday the old person wants to do his Christmas shopping and since he has not go the slightest clue, after all these years, of what to get anybody, it is a whiney, please come with me and help me choose. But that is Sunday, and I have Saturday to enjoy first.

And I must dig out all my stuff that I might need for the Take it Further Challenge. I think some of my fabric stash will need ironing. I will also have to fix it so that I can upload pictures. Better ones than the two I already have on this page and my horse page. There you go.

No comments: