29 November, 2007

Good Day/Bad Day

I have had one of those days. Sigh.



I had an e-mail from SharonB of In a Minute Ago welcoming me to the Take it Further challenge which I am going to post about on Bilum. At the beginning of each month, starting in January, Sharon will blog about stitches and themes and we are to make a textile art piece of our own choosing within that parameter. We are to give a weekly progress report (with pictures - gulp) on our blog (or in flikr if we prefer).

This is a fairly big commitment for me, but I am hoping it will be a catalyst for me to get organised. I still will have my studies at TAFE and work. I will also blog as many days as I can too, because I believe it is important to do so. So I will have my time cut out for me.

What I have to do, is work out how to cope when problems come up. Coping with anything is not my best skill, so I have to prepare for problems well in advance and work out probable scenarios to not let them get me so depressed or totally drop out. this level of organisation will help me later on in my life as well.

On the bad side (grrr...)

I have been working full time for the past two weeks. The lady who I jobshare with fell and broke her knee bone. The Boss asked me if I would mind as what I do is fairly important at this time of year. It is a higher position that I was in previously. I could hardly refuse, and with Christmas coming up, the extra money will come in handy.

So when I checked my account this morning, I have been paid for six days, not the ten I actually worked. The Boss assured me he had submitted the papers on the same day I had given them to him. I have no reason to doubt him, he is a good person and has always treated me fairly.
So I tried to get hold of HR. No one there was answering the phone. So I tried the union. No one was responding there either. Finally HR told me I wouldn't be getting paid for it until next payday. No amount of discussion was going to change her lazy mind. So as the union still didn't respond, I ended up contacting the ACTU. The managed to get hold of my union and they managed to get hold of a delegate at my work. (Funny that). Anyhow, the delegate said he would get it all fixed tomorrow. I sure hope so, but I never hold my breath ...

No comments: