28 November, 2007

Refreshing afternoon

It is not often I get to speak to a horse breeder. This afternoon, I had arranged to meet a lady at the Airport to fill in some time before her plane left for interstate. We just talked horses all afternoon. It was lovely. It was also very insightful. This is a woman who clearly loves and cares for her animals. She would never let one suffer, has kept quite few lifers rather than risk putting them with someone who may or may not look after them properly. When their time came she had them mercifully put down.

Because of some controversial issues that may be coming up in the next few months I am not going to mention her name, but I will say this, I think with people like her in good positions in the Arabian industry that it has a very good healthy future.

It is great to find another person as passionate about a subject as one is oneself. I would say this lady had as much passion as me, and perhaps more. She is a bit older than me, and has been breeding longer than I have, so obviously knows more as well. It was a joy just to spend some good time talking with this lady. That everyone should be so lucky.

No comments: