31 May, 2008

Got a life ...

If you have spent any time reading this blog, it might have occurred to you that I do not have much of a social life. By and large this suits me, I am not a social person in that I do not really enjoy going out, drinking copious amounts of alcohol and saying witty things to people I barely know and stuff. However, last night was a bit different.

About two weeks ago one of our old managers came by our workplace, and suggested we all get together the following Friday for drinks and social activities. My first reaction to this is always, erh, thanks but no thanks. But feeling a bit annoyed at the time with some of the things at work,
I changed my mind and said I would go.

So last night, I walked up the street, towards the venue, the Padstow Bowling Club. I did my hair, put on a light jacket that matched the out fit I had on, and a puff of scent and walked in. No one else was there at the time, so I sat on a poker machine and won my self a couple of extra $$$. Chuffed with that, I wandered off to find one of the part time workers who works the opposite end of the week to me, had turned up with her 15 month old baby. So I sat with her and gooed over the baby. We chatted and finally the others turned up. There were also some people from Bankstown workplace. I had met them a few times before, so I wasn't totally lost in the conversations. And I had a nice discussion with the supervisor.

Then one of the teachers came around selling meat raffle tickets. Using my poker winnings I bought a minimum amount and won a meat tray. That was a buzz. It was some sausages, bacon and pork chops. There was another win at our table and everybody was happy for us.

I bought a huge burger and large plate of chips for $5.00 which was a bargain these days. I didn't have an alcoholic drink, but sat on a can of soft drink for the night. I left just before eight pm for the station which is less than 200 metres away.

It was a buzz going, and I had a good time.

But I slept all afternoon today.

No comments: