02 June, 2008

It is raining ...

So Her Ladyship was really annoyed I was late with breakfast this morning (imagine looking at watch and going "What time do you call this?"). She has a choice of three dry stables and she was sopping wet. Stupid horse. It wasn't really all that cold out, so I imagine that didn't bother her all that much.

Fairly quiet weekend. My DVD for yesterday was Event Horizon. I had seen it before, and I do not know what possessed me to borrow it again. It isn't a bad movie, and the FTL theory is okay, (ye kenna break the laws of physics) and it starts off well. Even the idea of the ship having gone beyond the universe is okay, but to Hell? That is where I think they lost the plot. Why couldn't it have some nice/positive connotation just for once? Why do SF writers bother with this religious stuff?

Sam Neill is a delicious baddy. He is a superb actor and brings quality to anything he is in, so with a plot like that, it looses credibility very quickly. But then, you would also have to ask yourself, Why would such a good actor take on that sort of role. Oh Well. I should have stuck with the daughter's DVD, Predator, with the Governator in it. (lol). It didn't even pretend to be something it wasn't.

I did seriously try to watch Gatacca again, really I did. No amount of talking will ever convince me it is a classic or even worth watching again. Anyone who wants it can PM me and I will post it to you. Solaris is on video and once the VRC dies, that is it for Solaris as well. Whoever came up with this list has their brains in their undies.

Gotta go do something ...

No comments: