06 June, 2008

Unethical ...

So the daughter got phoned to say she had a job, as I mentioned in my last post. So she is very excited and hopeful of a new life for her and the grandsons. You can imagine her utter despair when the woman rang back to say that because the old boss is leaving, they are not able to put her on after all. Is that not the most pathetic and incredible brainless thing you have ever heard in your life (well, maybe the second most brainless)?

Disappointment and anger do not begin to describe how we all felt.

There isn't anything to be done, either. Placating words, of "oh, she will get another job", etc., will not get her another job. Neither does it alter the fact that we are leaving at the end of the year and some work experience would have been such a confidence builder for her new life.

I have endured another three days at work which does not put me in a better mood for blogging. So I had better go ...

No comments: