09 June, 2008

Clearing and Cleaning ...

One day on one of the yahoo groups I am in, we posted photos of our work space to see who had the messiest. I was convinced I would win, because I just move things around till I work on a space barely six inches square, at times. No, they told, me. You have nothing on your chair, you can still sit down. Yes there are people who have a worse mess than me, but not many.

So the day came I decided I had better do some slum clearance. The daughter has offered to have my sewing machine serviced for me, so I need to get in and sew. I am actually excited at the prospect. I joined a fabric craft network recently and feel that it will help me extend myself a little which is what I need.

So the table is getting cleared and cleaned. I had to layby some drawer units to enable that. I have loads of things for my papercrafting and scrapbooking so having a nice neat, clean place to keep it is a necessity really. What I need is a similar thing for my sewing ephemera, and I saw K-mart had some nice units for around $80. They are only plastic and for a few $$$ more I could probably get some nice chipboard/wooden ones. I would love to see Ikea, but getting there is more trouble than it is worth. Randwick or Homebush, both involve train and bus trips so I couldn't exactly carry heavy stuff with me. The old person, will drive to Randwick for the races but will not drive there for any other reason (go figure). But who always moans and complains about the mess?

This will leave me with more room so that I can cut and sew to my heart's content, and use the papercraft stuff when making art dolls. I have several ideas I am itching to try.

The other cleaning out was my RSS Reader, on Google. For whatever reason, it does not read properly on the Daughter's computer and will reinsert items I have already looked at. I have gone through on my laptop using up some wireless time to do it, so that I know they stay "read".

The entire house could use a bit of a scrub and I might get in and do some vacuuming tomorrow if I feel in the mood.

ciao ...

No comments: