15 May, 2008

The Budget

Well, seriously, what did you expect? He had to reward all his little mates for voting him in, now didn't he? All those "rich" folk who voted for him have had their eyes opened, and all the not employed people who thought their time had finally come. Well, hello, reality. I did try to warn you. Even the old person is not impressed. He who told me only idiots do not vote for the Labor Party. Now who is the idiot? The daughter has also been extremely vocal.

This budget seems to be deliberately aimed at causing the inflation they were touting it to fight. Raising the Medicare Levy means many people will drop out of private insurance causing extra pressure on the system which isn't coping all that well with present levels. Making the top bands that come to Australia have to have a lead in of a local band is going to mean the big bands wont come here. Just because Elton John does it, doesn't mean the gangsta rockers are going to do it. Thinking it is going to be some sort of leg up for wannabe bands is not going to happen. Appeasing the arty farties is going to backfire when the big bands don't come here. We are still a long way away from anywhere, it is expensive for bands to come here and to find out they have to support wannabes is not going to encourage them to come. Oh, Peter Garrett ordered it, so it has to be done.

I think the biggest chuckle I had on Tuesday night watching Swannie do his thing was seeing PG in a suit. That was just so funny. And if you saw the half face of KRudd in the background that was funny too. The lady sitting behind them was like a puppet with a hand up her back. It is often more telling to watch these sort of people than the actual speaker. I had the feeling the woman had not an idea of what was being said. I don't think she realised she was on camera. She joined in a few "here, heres" rather belatedly as well. Do you think PG uses anything on his head to make it that shiny? I know old guys use stuff called Cherry Wax. Hmmm. PG is a nature lover I don't see why he wouldn't.

Maybe I will get a little extra with the tax cut and all, but with prices skyrocketing, I doubt it will do much. I shouldn't be ungrateful, I suppose. And my union is going to e-mail me with rave reviews about it all (cringe). Ah well, such is the way of things I suppose. You all did vote for the dears.

Why don't all those guys have balls and do something ballsy with their time in Government? I guess 'cause they don't.

so much for politics...

No comments: