06 January, 2008

Tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes

Did I say tomato? We have had a glut coming in from the garden. Some huge cucumbers, and lettuce. I will have to blanch some of the spinach and freeze it tomorrow.

We have been having tomato sandwiches, with cheese, silverside and with chives. Adding them to whatever is in the frypan. Even the old person has been eating them. They are so sweet. Although there are many, they are coming in just a little faster than dribs and drabs, so not enough to make into sauce or salsa. Although when the last ones come off and are left to redden, I might make a couple of bottles of each. I managed to sneak away some coffee bottles from the clutches of the old person's throwing away everything attitude.

I would love some tomato soup, but to be honest it is far, far too hot and humid to cook much. I hope to plant some pumpkins and onions (the last batch disappeared in the weeds) soon for winter. I make a mean pumpkin soup.

The heat with the humidity is just so debilitating. I am supposed to be crafting but all I want to do is lie on my bed with the fan on and nothing much else - okay let's not go down there either.

Tomorrow is day one of reporting on our crafting during the week, of the Take it Further challenge. I don't appear to have done much, but I have read and researched so much, dug out old books and magazines that I almost forgot I had. It has been really interesting reading and making notes. I shall put up the final pictures on the 31st or thereabouts and type up an essay on alien horses that should be of historical interest.

I also made some interesting discoveries that I am going to have to check up on if I can access the resources; not anything world stopping or contraversial (this is me).

I am working on the scrapbook for my friend of her wedding and that has been time consuming but something enjoyable. I am also going to make a box. I haven't really finalised the design, but I love making books and boxes, so it is going to get done. I'll also post all these things on my bilum site.

My sister swung by last weekend, she really liked the Egyptian thing I made her, so I will post that as well soon. Really just gotta get the pickies taken.

Well, the tomato fairies are calling ...

No comments: