17 January, 2008

Insanity rules ...

So the further adventures of getting to work Day 2:
I was running late this morning. Only half an hour, but oh, what a difference it made. No trains. Get the bus. The lift does not work, so I clamber down the stairs, ask the Cityrail person who points to another person. Luckily the bus pulls in just at that moment. All aboard. It is a little cramped, but sitting down. Bus turns around and drives off. Talk about the long way round. It took 45 minutes to get to East Hills station. Then I have to wait for the next train.
Waiting and then it leaves. Station by station. I was glad I wasn't going to the city.

Finally reach Padstow station. Walk down to Georges' to buy some salad for lunch. It is a mile from the station to work. Luckily it is downhill. Lucky too that it was not stinking hot. Got in at nine fifteen. Aaarrrgh! Lucky it was a Millenium train going home.

The Boss wants us to think up a name to have a Newsletter and put some pictures on it. Since I am doing computer studies, I get to look at clip art. Joy, oh, joy. I know full well that someone else will be doing the exact same thing and it will be their work that is selected. There is just no way known they will go with what I have selected - it just does not happen. But dilly me is still obliged to sit there goggling (and googling) at clip art. Not as there is all that much else to do, so I can't complain. I guess that is just the way it is in my life.

I am starting to look forward to the end of the year, let me tell you. No more employment, no more old person (I don't want to move to Queensland, what's in Queensland?), her ladyship will be off getting a foal, just peace and quiet. The daughter says she and the grandsons will look for a little cheapie farm, so later her ladyship can live with them. If I can find a nice little caravan on the coast somewhere, I shall be so happy. Well that is the theory anyhow, and what is going to keep me motivated for a few weeks at least anyhow. Till real life kicks in again.

I have asked the Sister and her Sunnyboy to visit on Saturday. We have some hot dogs for lunch and rice crackers with gerkin dip. Usually we don't have anything interesting. I will load her up with some tomatoes. Red, red, yummy sweet organically grown (thanks to Cody pooh) tomatoes. Even the wasps like them. lol.

Look at that lot. There were 17 of them there before we knocked them down. Right under the kitchen window. Real puce coloured they were. If ever you want to see what puce looks like, enlarge the photo and have a gander.

Insanity rules ....

No comments: