08 January, 2008

Something more ...

I want to make more space in my lounge room, because unfortunately that is the ony room I can use for my work. At the moment we have the old person's television, the table for the craft/art, a desk for my laptop and a computer desk for the daughter's computer. It is the only room with a telephone jack. So along with the dining room it gets heavy use. There is just no other room.

It is rather frustrating because when the old person watches television nothing must disturb him. He is like a 5'8 two year old and can throw a tantrum to match. It is getting beyond a joke. There is no way to get anything done. One would think that the Aged Care people would be able to do something for him, but not unless he asks for it himself. He could be a babbling, raving lunatic and they cannot come unless he asks them. Still, I have yet to contact the guardianship board and seek their advice. I am convinced from my research he has alzheimer's. His doctor wont take me seriously, so I am going to see his Doctor's boss and put it on him to bring the other doctor into line. The difficulty is getting to do it without having the old person in tow. I have to get a bus, a train and a long uphill walk to get to the doctor's office. Then reverse it to get home. In summer.

So tomorrow I am going to hide out in the Scrabook shop for a few hours to concentrate on getting some work done. I have an album I really need to get on with and it is just not happening at home. The daughter is taking the grandsons to the Zoo (if they are "good"). So the old person will have peace and quiet to get on with mowing her ladyship's paddock so she has nothing to graze on.

The object in last night's post is the ultimate punch. It punches a line of holes into which you place a wire spine for a book or box and close the spine with the front (black) part. Real rocket science, that is.

wish me luck ....

No comments: