04 March, 2008

Running in circles ...

Well at least that is what it feels like. I have finished my stuff, but I have not yet had a chance to photograph it. One of the temps has to go at work so I made her a maze book. Coming up with 16 x 3inch collages all in one go is not easy, but I got it done. Luckily I have some cross stitch and craft cards made up already, so I am giving her one of those as well. It is a nice one, so I will have to make another one with my own bits and pieces.

The circus was fabulous; I will write an extended blog on it on the weekend. They specifically asked us not to take photos, so we didn't, but I will include a link to their website.

I have been picking the grandsons up from school on Tuesdays while the daughter is away at TAFE. It isn't a very long walk, but to get there it is all uphill, and I am really puffed when I get there. The daughter said about 35 minutes, but it is less than 20, and only because I am out of condition. It is about 10 minutes home. There are a few other kids who walk by themselves who set a pace. But first we have to go pat the chestnut gelding who lives acros the road from the school. Like Bell he thinks fingers are for eating. They may contain food.

I am starting to pack/clear space. I need desperately to set up my sewing machine, so I figure I am not taking the buffet with me, I can empty it out and get rid of it. Later the old wall unit will go. I am trading it with the old person for the TV unit. He can have the telly, the DVD player and the old Video player as well. I have my faithful laptop for DVD's and if I really need to watch TV can use the daughter's. The space will allow me to set up another table where I can set up till we go.

The old person is convinced everyone in my family is going to peck me dry of money and leave me stranded. Which would be okay if I had money to be pecked dry of, I guess. They would have to be bloody fast. Even the daughter can't spend as fast as I can. lol. First I need money.

The sister is coming over on Saturday with her Sunnyboy. My grandson 1 and he are getting on famously at the moment where not so long ago they would clash. I guess another year and a further interest in common has been good for them both. Since the Sunnyboy has been going to school and learning to interact with other kids he has mellowed somewhat. The grandson has learnt that he needs to be patient and listen to what the other person is saying. So both are growing up. It is really good to see this in both boys.

Well, it is horribly late - so late they might even get the date right for once. Hoho.

later dudes ...

No comments: