30 March, 2008

Fire ...

Friday at work, we had a fire drill. This consists of the Boss carrying on with his loud hailer for a few minutes then disappearing to push the Main Button to sound the Alarm. Our building fire warden, who is non other than his secretary, shoos us all out the door - and no, you can't go back for your cardigan. An arguement ensued for a moment with her and the woman who wanted her cardigan.

However, for me, five minutes before the alarm rang, a man turns up to enrol his son in the Apprentice course. He was told by the teacher to come, and when he had rung the switchboard, I had told him to come see me and I would take him to the teacher for the enrolment. I explained to him about the fire drill (rolling of eyes) and we walked to the nearby park where I took him to one of the other teachers. This was because the teacher who he was booked to see, was the fire warden for that building. He called by later to tell me they had been enrolled successfully and he was quite pleased about it all.

And prior to this on Wednesday, the Boss had actually asked me to type up the process sheets and laminate them for the Fire Drill. This was new, the Boss asking me to do work for him.

My classes are progressing. I have had four MySQL lessons and two Dreamweaver. This is because the Dreamweaver classes are on a Monday and last weekend was Easter. We have a revision in MySQL next Thursday and then an exam.

No comments: