22 March, 2008

Digging up ...

... something to say is not always easy. I try and think of things but often I feel my brain has frozen up. That is just life I suppose. I will give it a go ...

It has been a quiet Easter so far, with the sister coming over and the trading of chocolate egg type goodies. I won 5th prize in the office Easter Egg raffle which consisted of a large Darrel Lea egg covered in gold paper with a yellow ribbon. So the sister and I ate that. It didn't taste any different to the el cheapo eggs, but we wont tell anybody. We yakked. I encourage her to bring larger pieces of laundry with her so she can wash and dry them while she is here. We have much in common and can talk about most things fairly well because of it. Neither of us know any other people who are interested in the things we are in quite the same way as we are. Mostly we only know city sheople.

I have been arting a little, but nothing has been finished as I was hoping.

My laptop, bless its little Intel heart, has not been happy, because in cloudy weather the RF gain is deflected by the clouds and it is literally slower than a wet weekend. Guess what, Easter is wettish and very cloudy. How is that for timing. Like, for the past few weeks we have had very hot sunny weather, I finally get time off work for a few days, and it is wet weekend. Still this time I am not sick. Last year for the APEC long weekend, I had hayfever, and was sick as a dog. The day I had to return to work, I was as healthy as a mallee bull.

The old person has been complaining because they have raised the cost of entry to the races. I think that it is absurd, but I guess they figure it will deter pensioners, so they can focus more on a younger audience. But I overheard a conversation last weekend at the races, where a group of young people were saying they never bet at the races and they didn't know anyone who did. I rather got the impression they didn't even watch the races. Buggered if I know what they were there for, then. But if what they said was true, or even that they knew, it does not bode well for the next generation. Our warnings off for smoking, drugs, drinking, AIDS and problem gambling has worked, but to the point where it backfiring on the suppliers. lol. If no one smokes, there will not be the taxes from tobacco, if no one does drugs, much law enforcement will not be employed, if drinking cuts out or down, we will loose some large industries and export $$$, AIDS funding is still lucrative for researchers and lack of gambling will mean - no Pokies, no horse racing, a breakdown of much of the horse industry, and vet supply and well, that is a path I think someone else should go down. (mode = whisper)they might even start caring about what sort of Thoroughbreds they are breeding (/whisper). (But that was never uttered through my lips, okay?)

We are watching the 20,000th showing of "The last of the Mohicans" at our place. The historical facts have been lost by Hollywood, but as they say, never let the truth get in the way of a good story (although here, even the definition of "good" is being extremely stretched). I will say this, the Irish sounding music is nice. A bit Man from Snowy Riverish.

Now I am rambling, gotta go. Till later, dudes ...

No comments: