29 February, 2008

Third time lucky ...

Here it is something like about three days in a row. Even three days in a week has been good lately. Nothing like having my precious laptop up and running.

The shoulder has been giving me gip again, and I might take some paracetamol before going to bed. I find complaining doesn't help.

There are going to be some changes at work next week. One lady has been off on maternity leave, she had a sweet little boy. So one of the temps has been terminated and will be leaving at the end of next week. I will give her a handmade card. She liked the one I gave her at Christmas so it will be worth giving her another one for leaving. She is a very nice young lady, well raised to the most extent, the youngest of about 6 and the others are apparently much older than she is. Her mother seems to be a very nice lady, very charitable. I gave her some money at Christmas to help a family she was helping. She was sick with gall stones and had to wait an age to get them removed. All the time she was doing a Work Opportunities for Women course. So her courage is pretty remarkable. I think she is in her seventies.

So I will miss this young lady.

I will be the switchboard operator. At my proper computer as well. This will suit me no end as I find I can operate the switchboard more effectively from my proper computer. It will be interesting to see how it pans out because there will be three of us doing three days per week, all of us in on Wednesday. The current temp and one of the long term temps will be doing the clerical support around the departments. That was not what I applied for and found it very annoying when they sent me out to do it. If I had spent much longer doing it I would have complained to the union. I am a bit annoyed I will be loosing my higher duties allowance but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

The sister was given some tickets to the circus on Sunday, so I will take the two boys and we will have a fun day out. It is at Darling Harbour. I will take the camera, but I don't know what sort of pictures I will end up with. We will have to walk from Central Station to DH so that will take a while, but I think I will pack lunch rather than buy stuff. It is too expensive in the city. I will duly report on the day.

The old person is watching the cricket and is pretty disgusted with the Australian side. It seems they are pretty pathetic at the moment. I mean how hard is one day cricket? lol.

I will work hard to get the last of my stuff done tomorrow so that I can have Sunday off. I know my feet will be killing me by the end of the day; so I have to wear lace up shoes. I had fluid retention this past Summer which I have not had since I left Whyalla in 1994. (Gosh was it that long ago? Gasp.)

I return to study next week, so my blogging may wane a little. Not because I don't care ..

No comments: