10 February, 2008

The Day before Tomorrow

I am only making a big deal of tomorrow, today, because it will be my birthday. Lol. And I like to have a nice heading to each piece.

I will be 55. This is not a great age any more, and sometimes I marvel that I have made it this far. I consider several people I have known who have died before this age, who seemed to live at least healthier lifestyles to my and I guess I am grateful to have lived this long. Not a good time to get maudlin, but nevertheless, this should be commented upon.

Friday at work they had chockie mud cake and shortbred tarts and sang their usual round of "Happy Birthday". Which was sweet of them. One of the younger temps made me a small box of peanut butter cookies. These got shared with the daughter and grandsons. The sister came over but she and Sunnyboy do not eat stuff like this. I have no idea and probably do not want to know.

The following Monday will be the first full year since my best boy died (Cody aka Eternal Strangers) and I guess that explains the maudlin bit. I still miss him, and still, of a night when I feed the mare, feel that there is his soft nicker to me as I walk to the feed shed "don't forget my hay, Mum".

I haven't posted for a while because I have been busy and tired. I worked on Monday, because it was enrolments and slept a good deal of Tuesday. I feel I have been trying to catch up with everything since then. The daughter and grandsons are staying over at a friend's house and I have a little peace and quiet before the old person gets up and starts his ranting and raving for the day. I also seem to have lost a good deal of motivation. I guess that also comes from the maudlin bit. I'll get over it sooner or later, but posting may be a bit sporadic. After this I am going to edit some photos for over at my craft blog.

I am close to writing another vent on Alien Thoughts. If I do, I will post a link here later. There are a couple of things getting on my goat at the moment and a public rant will be carthetic if nothing else.

I have subscribed to Google Reader, and have some interesting sites to read every day now, about things I am interested in. It is worth learning more about RSS feeds and how they can liven up one's thinking. Some of the photography people on the internet indulge in is quite amazing. I have resolved to try and do better myself. A new camera might help, but being me, it might not. lol.

Write again soon ...

No comments: