25 February, 2008

Hello from underneath ...

I haven't blogged in ages. Partly, because seriously there is no news from me, and partly from lack of inspiration. I still seem to be feeling down with things at the moment, no motivation at all.

The saga of my laptop has come back. My credit card company rang to say I was over limit - where I thought I was getting in to pay the thing off. Well it turns out Bigpond has slugged me and not told me. So I have to deal with all of that today. Joy, oh, Joy.

I have made a few things and now that the daughter is back from her weekend down the coast partying with her girlfriend and all their kids (it was a kids party - lol) I have the camera back and can take some more pickkies.

One of the cross stitch mags has a beautiful Unicorn pattern and I have started that. Drop the rest of my life for it - ah, not really. But it is something to do when the old person is watching either the cricket or one of his painful movies. Last week it was Mel Gibson's Apocalypto. Too much blood and guts, I watched only one scene and that was it. When I needed a break from the cross stitching I just went out of the room altogether. (Daughter was using her computer and see above about the laptop).

(His latest movie was "The Princess of Thieves". Are you kidding me? It is a kids' movie about Robin Hood and Maid Marion having a daughter. Oh, come on, why do you think the term "Maid" hung around the woman and not Mrs Hood or something of that nature? People in the 13th Century didn't go around having illegitimate children (especially girls) that went on and became as famous as their infamous fathers. DID NOT HAPPEN.)

So you can appreciate my point.

Work has picked up! I actually had a decent conversation with them last week (well it was a very slow Friday) and gained some insights into them. Mind you I was doing some pretty mind numbing work looking for numbers to identify people. Seems the new computer system can have stuff entered into it and it is not stored and the only identification is a numeral not an alphabetical list. So they asked me to look at over 2000 enrolment forms one at a time to dig them out. I did it and found most of them as well. But looking through 2000 forms ten plus times is to put it mildly, incredibly mind numbing. Maybe that is what has put me off as well, my brain is still numb.

I have a friend. It was quite by accident. This woman rang up for some Course Information and said she was 50 and at a loose end. I told her that I was over 50 and had done the course she was interested in and had also gone on and done Certificate IV. You just get in and do it. You don't think about it. Thinking becomes procrastination and procrastination means you put it off. So she enrolled in the course and is thoroughly enjoying it. Turns out she was the daughter of an old work friend of the Librarian at work. She was able to catch the Librarian up on her mother (who is in a nursing home) and then told her all about how I had encouraged her to do the course. She comes to see me at least once a week. She is actually a very nice lady and if she didn't live so far away, we probably could become good friends.

On Friday afternoon, I arrived home to find the daughter was baby sitting two little girls for a friend. Since the friend babysits occassionally for the daughter and drives her places, it was only fair. Anyhow, Bell came down to say "Hello" at the back door. The girls on discovering Bell was a girl, grabbed hairbrushes and began brushing her. The smaller of the girls grabbed Bell's tail faster than anything. However, Bell being Bell, absolutely loves little girls and just stood there letting this tiny thing brush her tail. She turned around and watched them do it. Almost as if checking they were doing it right. We did tell the little one not to stand directly behind the horse. Bell is good, if she gets flustered or spooked at the back door she is very careful in running away; still she is huge compared to the kids.

I am going to braid her mane for winter and if it is a warm day this afternoon or tomorrow I am going to bath her. She has been shedding again, for whatever reason, and is itchy across her back. There is alot of dirt and dead skin coming off but she is not balding so there are no sores. She uses the trees and bushes to scratch on when I can't brush her. So a final bath before the cold weather sets in (it is getting chilly at night here) will be good for her. I will let her long coat come in for about 4 - 6 weeks and then buy a new blanket for her. Her old one is almost as shredded as Cody's was winter before last.

Will write more later ...

No comments: