26 April, 2008

Thinking ...

I spend much time thinking of all the fabulous things I could say about current events, but by the time I get around to actually blogging, much of it seems pretty trite, and I forego the writing. Hence it sometimes looks like I am not all that interested. Spending time thinking is not sharing my thoughts and I have been wondering if I should perhaps, just for the heck of it.

We are in a sort of state of flux at the moment, and are likely to be for a while. I have lived in Sydney since 1995, and in that time I have collected a huge amount of stuff. You couldn't really call it much else in polite society. So I have decided it needs to be culled to a more manageable amount. It is not a rapid process with me, and much of it falls outside my fetish for lists. So I am starting with my art and craft stuff. I have on lay-by two portable drawer units and I will pack all my arts and crafts stuff (i.e. not my sewing stuff) into these two units and whatever does not fit into them will have to be either sold at a garage sale or put into the recycle bins. Some of my bigger items will come as I kept all the boxes, but the paper, embellishments, rubber stamps etc., will have to fit or go.

Then there are my magazines. When I finally decided to leave Whyalla, I had a collection of over 10 years of several magazines, including the weekly issues of New Scientist. There were over 10,000 individual magazines. Luckily for me, I was able to rid most of them at my garage sale at about $5 per 100. This is not ROI but then, I never had them for investment, just for the information they contained. I kept all my Arabian Horse News mags and some of my craft mags, about 500 in all. I have probably got about 3000 now, of the AHN, Scrapbooking and other arts and craft mags. So again, I will have to cull and sell some.

I hadn't intended on moving for quite a while when we first moved here or I would have curtailed. However, the house here is not being maintained as it would by a private landlord and the rain has caused much land deterioration from having had over 30 horses prior to our coming here. We have had one horse and have had to suppliment her feed as the grass, while it exists now, is not really all that nutritious and the land is very, very weedy. Herladyship will not eat weeds, and really, I can't expect her to.

Work wasn't bad last week, because I only worked for two days, Friday being a Public Holiday. A few people were off on leave anyhow, being the second week of the holidays. In fact, by Thursday afternoon there was only myself and one other person. As she is a temp, I got to be boss.

The boss himself had asked me to do a project which entailed making a small table, cutting out about 10 from an A4 sheet, laminating these and then cutting from an A4 laminated sheet. Then I had to get double sided tape and put a little onto each one. Each of these had to be stuck onto every single telephone on Campus. There were well over 100. It was a fun thing to do, workwise, but afterwards my legs were aching. Partly because instead of taking lifts to the second floor I took the stairs, thinking it would be better for me, and the lift is often out of the way, anyhow. I have been doing alot of walking lately, so I didn't think my legs would be so bad. Mind you for all the walking and eating good food, I don't seem to be loosing much weight. Wouldn't have anything to do with the chocolate, would it? lol.

Well, I am going to be disconnected soon, so I had better sign off. Trah ....

No comments: