29 April, 2008

Brass Monkeys ...

Anyone who knows me knows I prefer cold weather to hot weather. Winter is my default season. However, this is totally absurd. It is so cold these nights that I just want to crawl into bed and keep warm. My feet get cold unless I wear sox, and that is not good. If my feet are cold my whole body feels cold. We only have bar radiators here and they are expensive to run. It isn't even May yet! I can recall this time of year when there have been bushfires. Yeah, it's chilly. Brrr ...

I went over to the Scrapbook shop at Leumeah today to cut out some lettering for a friend's scrapbook she is doing for a friend of hers. She was inspired by the Wedding Album I did for another lady where we work. I have loaned her this and that to help her and another lady at work has loaned her stuff as well.

While I was there, one of the shop people gave me the Calender for May. There are a couple of good classes on offer and a Stamp Club one Saturday that I am very tempted to do. They have knocked the class cost down to $5.00 plus materials. Materials are rarely over $20 so it would be a good way to do something productive and some time out from home.

My own scrapbooking that I have done lately has been rather uninspired. Of course, now I use different techniques to what they taught us at Scrapbook University, but even so, the pages are pretty boring. Maybe a few classes would remotivate me.

I joined a Yahoo group a few years ago of local scrapbookers (i.e. in Oz) but it got to the stage where it was a couple of people doing all the threads, mostly on upcoming weekends away they were promoting or their own line of scrapbook stuff. There were a few swaps, but nothing of grand interest, so I finally left. I didn't joing another group for ages, but there is a US based group who use stamps from After Midnight, which I own a couple of, and Krafty Lady moulds of which I own several and will be buying more later this year. They have swaps, if you want to join, you can promote your blog/webpage, so I follow some of the blogs. Also they have tutorials and video tutorials which are really useful. It is all run by the people in the group, so it isn't a professional set up by any means. The people seem very nice, too. One Australian lady is on it whose art I have admired for a long time. She lives at Humpty Doo in the Northern Territory. Her work is a bit eclectic, but I love it anyhow. So little by little I am learning new techniques for my own art and hopefully in the near future will have some interesting things to post. Like all my stuff, it is a big maybe.

Her Ladyship finally managed to go down the back to live with the stables and a bath and tub for water, long grass, the sand in the round yard she looooves to roll in and the smell of the boy must have finally gone. The grandsons had set the stables up as a cubby house, so I felt a bit bad asking them to put it all away. They had built some clever stuff there and very imaginative problem solving for their ages. They are alot smarter than they let on. Both of them could be engineers.

Well, I must be off, my nice warm bed beckons me, and I have to go earn the pennies tomorrow. Till again we blog ...

No comments: