27 April, 2008

Surrey with a fringe ...

After Ben Hur, I thought the barrel bottom had finally been reached, and from there it could only be up, right? Hahar. Now, the old person found Okalahoma! with all the song and dance of the original - heck it is a video not a DVD. Why hasn't the law changed? So I sang away the afternoon much to the annoyance of both the old person who went to bed before they got up to singing Poor Judd, and the daughter who does not care if it is a classic, I hate musicals that old, please don't sing and why do you want to watch it? okay, then give me back my computer.



Truth to tell, the songs are singable if you know the words, which I have done for what seems like all my life, but the story itself is a bit trite. The costuming, even for those days was cheap, and some of the acting was sloppy. They would churn them out in those days, so I guess it is only to be expected. Rod Steiger was far better as the Illustrated Man than Judd Fry.



I fell over the other night and banged my head on the ground. Not hard, not even enough to bruise me, because having rained there was mud and it was soft (lol) but it gave me a nasty fright nevertheless. My glasses fell off and I was lucky I found them in the dark. Neither the old person or the daughter heard me calling out, because for a few moments I seriously could not get up. But my trusty old Her Ladyship wandered up and had a smell to see if I was okay. She just stood there waiting. I have fallen in the past and when I have not got up, she has started neighing, so I knew I would be okay one way or the other. Still no one came, I got back up finally and went and gave her her hay. When I got back inside I was a bit grumpy from hitting my head, the leg on my glasses had been bent and still isn't quite right. I yelled at the old person and the daughter, changed and checked for cuts and bruises. Since then the old person has found where he left the torch and has been coming out with me. Hahar.

The sister and Sunnyboy came out yesterday afternoon while the old person was away at the races. She brought some eggs with her and bread, so we made scrambled eggs for lunch. Usually I put on lunch for us, which is usually sandwiches with a variety of fillings. Sometimes, too, we have hot dogs. Yum. It was a nice treat. We chatted about this and that, and I lent her some punches to punch out some shapes so that she can make some Artist Trading Cards and maybe a little scrap booking. I showed her how to make concertina books and a box to hold it in and a maze book which is folded in a certain way and then cut and folded again to form sixteen mini pages. (When I think about it, I haven't photographed the couple I have made, so it is a note to self to do so).

I gave her some inkpads and a stamp and a couple of punches for herself. I let her have some paper for the scrapbooking and some card stock. I also gave her some precut bland Artist Trading Cards so she has no excuses not to do it. I previously gave her a small sticker machine with a spare cartridge. She says she has some glue. I also said she was to photo graph the results and e-mail them to me. When she does I will post some, so you can see what she does.

So I am still working in flux to sort, cull and pack all my gear. Must get back to it ...

No comments: