16 July, 2008

The dreaded lurgy ...

I have been sick. I have had a head cold and have been feeling cold (or as my late Mother used to say "Death Warmed Up"). My head has been stuffy, my throat sore and my nose, well let's just say I wish I had a faucet handle with an off direction. Aaaarrrggghhh!

Anyhow, I am over that now and will be blogging on tomorrow with my late but not forgotten second part of my Tutorial on my craft blog.

I have been back to see the Doctor, after he did a blood check on me last week. It was all good, although he did say to watch my blood sugar. Since diabetes runs in the family (again, from my Mother, "like a wooden leg") I take this warning seriously. The old person doesn't, since it does not affect him. But I will be looking seriously at our/my diet and make a few adjustments. If he wants to claim we are starving him, well let him starve. The doctor said he has to loose about 20kg. He gained it all since he quit smoking last year. I will not even think about what he has been eating much less print it here, but it involves alot of sausage meat.

And frankly, if I never saw another potato it would be 20 minutes too soon.

I saw the Doctor about my depression and for the time being he has put me onto medication. This is okay, but it takes a few weeks for the body to adjust. He said to be aware of feeling euphoric, but mostly I have had even worse erratic sleep than normal and feeling anxious. He assured me it was just the medication and gave me this week off work. I have been trying to go to bed at normalish times and try and sleep all night, as I wake at sixish to feed the horse anyhow. Last night was not too bad, I went to bed about 10ish and woke just after six, but I had woken several times during the night, and probably had one wake time of about an hour. It was too cold to get out of bed, but I tossed and turned.

So I will keep up with this and should eventually get back to normal. The medication does not cause me distress, and I will settle down with it, but if I appear nutty or something, in the next week or so, you will know why. lol.

Now the daughter has the dreaded lurgy and is struggling to keep herself from drowning.

Adieu ...

No comments: