08 July, 2008

... Brass Monkeys ...

Whoa! Here I sit in the garage on my laptop freezing cold - well sort of. The parts of my body with bare skin are cold, but the rest of me is quite warm. I came out to clean up after the grandsons and I had a day making Artists Trading Cards. They had the best fun. Grandson2 got stuck into the punches and grandson1 got into the paint pens. Every box of stuff they opened and saw all the goodies evoked a response of "Oh, Sick!" which in kid talk means the best ever. They spent a good half hour going through the sticker sheets, and then I showed the the boxes of beads, brads and eyelets. One got a tiger eyelet for his card and the other got a zebra. They were easily pleased. Being in the garage means they can make a bit of a mess and as much noise as they like and not disturb the old person.

The sister came over with Sunnyboy. So they then got stuck into the mud. We have had some rain here, and as it is so cold the ground takes forever to dry. Anyhow one of the benefits of living in a first world country is running hot water, so the mud was no big deal. When you are 9 - 12 years old, mud is as much of a toy as anything else. These days will draw to a close all too soon.

We had hot pies for lunch, except the sister and I who had pasties. Have not had a pasty in absolutely years. The places that still sell hot pies, no longer have them. I bought these ones frozen from the supermarket and heated them in the oven as the sister had sms'ed me to let me know she was on the bus.

The other sister has e-mailed to let me expect a visit at the end of the month. She has been out and about with her job, and hasn't had time to scratch her butt. It will be good to catch up with her.

So that is all my news. Yeah, mind boggling I know. Deal with it.

ciao ...

No comments: