17 August, 2008

Nigh unto death's door ...

I hear ya knockin' but you can't come in ...

So I am a bit of a drama queen. What else is new. I have been sick. I have been feeling like the bottom of a dog's stomach and then some. It has been the dreaded lurgy, bitten me three times in seven weeks. It has left me feeling weak and tired. So I haven't been blogging or anything. Not even my sewing, cross stitch or horse have cheered me up. Although I have cheered my horse up, lol.

I also had a very nasty scare from my Doctor during this time and have had to sit down and rethink much of what I am doing and still want to do. I have been taking medication for the depression, and about the third day of taking it, my stomach, chest and throat felt funny. I went to the doctor's and he did an ECG test on me. He said that I had a small blockage in my heart.

Do you know what freaked out feels like?

He referred me to a cardiologist at the new Campbelltown Private Hospital. Swanky place. Not impressive when you could die there. Anyhow, the cardiologist had a newer machine and buttoned me up to it (yes, buttoned up. He put little disposable press buttons onto my vital points and hooked the machine up to them). After a few moments of reading on his computer, he assured me that I did not have a blockage, but that because of my weight and general health (I have high bloodpressure), I should do more tests. I have had to put these off because I got the dreaded lurgy again.

I am going to loose 40kg and get fitter than what I am. Nasty scare and not happy, Jan.

There is much more news, but let me get back into the swing of things again, and I shall catch you up.

adieu

No comments: