18 October, 2007

The Martians are Coming ...

Oh, er. Last weekend sometime, the Prime Minister, Mr John Howard finally called an election.

So I am a member of my local union, the Public Service Association, as one of my bosses got me in a pickle a few years ago. So my e-mails have been bombarded by: make sure you and your family are registered to vote, now we can punish Howard, make sure you and your family are registered to vote and by the way are you registered to vote.

One the one hand the Liberals are offering us tax cuts and more money in the wallet is always good. On the other hand the Labour Party would give some power back to the Unions to give workers a bit better deal. But then, when I think about it, the Shooter's Party would give us our guns back and that would fix all of them.

Alternatively, the Marijuana party would allow us all to smoke away our problems (cool man) and that would be even better. I ride, I vote. Well that would fix the EI problem, plus put all those TB millionaires back where they belong, at the bottom of the manure pile. Bet none of them ever mucked out a stable. Even one with gold handled buckets. Does Miss Finland know she is worth a million bucks?

The Greens? Hmm, lets see, in one of their booklets I once read they say that they are committed to reducing the population of the world to 1 billion people - but I never worked out what they were going to do with the other 5 billion. And they are not particularly impressed with companion animals and would prefer we didn't keep them. So where does that leave all the cats and dogs and horses and other critters? Feral? That's a brilliant idea.

One Nation? lol. Democrats? ROFLMAO. Nationals? Well, they have been in their own way quiet about all the EI, and by not taking an interest I am not interested in them. I am joe average and if I haven't heard of what they are doing, how many other joe averages have not.

So that just leaves the Indies.

Have fun choosing and make sure you are properly informed before you vote, so you don't get a nasty shock in the morning.

No comments: