05 August, 2010

Plodding ....

The Old Person


It is not exciting to say we went to the Mall today for shopping - I have to use a trolley to get any mileage out of my old bod these days. The daughter had a few chores to do there so we decided to do our grocery shopping there. At one stage while waiting for her I spotted a papermaking kit on special in the book shop. Now a kid's kit has sort of been on my wishlist, on about page three, so I only bought it because I convinced the old person to pay for it.

Paper making is one of those things that I would like to try my hand at as part of the general craft stuff that I do, teaching myself this and that dabbling, if you will in the amusing arts. So this weekend I thought I would grab the grandsons, and go try it. They will get a bit of a buzz to do something totally different. Grandson1 is in high school now, so it may not be "cool". But GS2 is happy to do "kid" things any time. I think if GS2 could have stayed a grade 3 person forever he would be happy .

I haven't talked about the old person much lately as he hasn't lived here for a while, but he still hangs around. He has to contribute to his half of keeping up her ladyship the ex racehorse. But lately he has become even worse in trying to dominate all things. He wants me to get another job so that we can move to the South Coast and have a little fishing house "sell the horses - we should get something for them"; yeah, the knackers will probably give us $200 for her ladyship and we'd have to pay him to take the really old Arabian mare. Over my dead body. (Yeah, yeah, I know the line from MIB).

I often find myself wondering why the heck I still put up with him, even suggesting to him a few other women who might get interested in him. One sort of was going to, but he said something stupid and now she doesn't want a bar of him. But I guess I am just a sucker for someone with a car who will drive me around without complaining more than usual about it. Also, he will clean up after the horses; even without being asked. He buys their hay too, so I can't exactly go on too much about him.

No comments: