10 August, 2010

More Election distortion ...

Leader of the Opposition, Mr Tony Abbot MP

I cannot get my head around this person. I guess as soon as I heard the word "Catholic" used to describe his religious background, I switched off to him. Normally I associate Catholics as being Labor candidates, and the fact this guy is a Liberal is a bit twitchy. But I put up a pickky of JG so here is one of him.

Would I vote for him? I doubt it. His party doesn't seem to have many coherent policies that would actually benefit individuals other than the fact that usually with a Liberal Government, taxes can come down and that has to be good somewhere - if you are a worker. There wouldn't be too much for those of us getting progressively older.

I thought I would follow him on twitter - the guy can't tweet. Anyone who cannot tweet or even get a minion to tweet for him has something intrinsically wrong with them. You are a Politician of the 21C, social networking is where it is at. I don't recall much by way of following him on facebook either.

To give Julia Gillard a few points, however, the woman can tweet, even if it is a minion doing it for her, at least it is there. Kevin Rudd can sort of tweet; I started following him just before the "fall". I felt bad for him, I have to admit. I think most Labor Pollies are a bit more "human" than Liberal Pollies.

My biggest problem is that my Parents were both Liberal supporters for many years, and I mean actual members of the Liberal Party. But one day, my father actually questioned something, and they were shown the door. So I have been pretty brainwashed against Labor, and feel that looking at the crookedness of NSW state Politics (Labor) my brainwashing has been correct.

Which is why i hate voting for either of them.

If Labor is still in thick with the Greens, well that is just asking for big trouble. Greenies in this country, heck greenies anywhere are major trouble and not interested in people one little bit; other than how they can make the candidates look good. I would never support them, ever. Green politics are whitewashing a terrible agenda, part of which is to reduce the population of the world to less than 1 billion people. I often wonder how they would do that. And it is creepy to think about.

Reading between the lines of the Labor website is interesting, but you would have to be pretty astute to notice the games they play with people.

I never trust people with fake australian accents, anyhow.

No comments: