06 October, 2008

Bin raining ...

Having my "Nanny Nap" this afternoon,  I was rudely awakened by what I at first thought was a heavy wind.  No, it was a rain storm.  It was heavy enough and windy enough to have been a cyclone.  But this is Sydney, and "they" will tell  you, "We don't get cyclones in Sydney", so who am I to argue.  What was it then ... ?

I have been quite tired lately, so I am off to the Doctor's tomorrow to find out what could be causing it.  I have a feeling I am still anaemic.  The doctor tells me I should eat red meat for the iron and then says not too much because of my pre-diabetic state.  Luckily I can also take iron tablets and I am using resistant starches to help with the insulin.  That and the Weight Watchers should see me right - eventually. lol.

My arts and crafts are stalling, partly because I don't want to buy anything else now that my layby is done and I need new this that and the other thing.  Partly because I have the artistic equivalent of "writer's block".  I have been trying to design my own cards, and the first couple have been really nice, but lacking that certain level of professionalism I would like, and just a bit short of "complete".  Still, better to be experimenting and doing something than just sitting there staring at the idiot box.  

There is no news. One of the reasons for not writing for a while, is that nothing has happened. Oh, the daughter went to Canberra to stay with my niece, but she will have to blog about that, because I wasn't there.  I have joined myspace, but that is hardly news.  Even her ladyship is so normal (touch wood).  She stood out in the rain, just waiting for it to stop and went back to her grazing.  

I am off work this week, as it is the second week of the holidays and not much happening at work, but the daughter is going to be babysitting up to six kids and I don't want the old person terrorising them.  He said he missed them terribly while they were away but has treated them horribly since they have been back.  He is a very scarey person.  The daughter says his Gemini traits are worse than Jeckyl and Hyde.  

So if I think of anything, I will either edit this or I will write another post ... adieu


No comments: